Kyushu Festival Overview
Kyushu Virtual Fest is a fascinating live tour of first-rate sightseeing spots in Japan! It’s a fun event where everyone
can participate in local events and trivia, while getting introduced to rarely seen views and delicious seasonal foods
recommended by locals.
The country of Japan is looking forward to your next visit...
Let’s all have fun by visiting Kyushu together
and make plans for your next trip!
What kind of place is Kyushu?
To really experience all that Kyushu has to offer, 3 days is recommended. The westernmost part of Japan’s mainland is about 15-20 hours by plane from the United States. With a unique culture of its own and extensive history, Kyushu is full of natural scenery, hot springs, recharging sites, and surprising local cuisine.
We’ll be sharing our wisdom about 3 of Kyushu’s 7 prefectures: Fukuoka, Kumamoto, and Kagoshima. If you’re a fan of Japanese culture, we hope to see you there!
The god of education, career luck, and protection from evil: “Dazaifu Tenmangu.”
During the Heian period, Sugawara no Michizane was a member of the court and an active scholar and politician. The shrine grounds include the Kyushu National Museum and are famous for their plum blossoms and inspired the regional specialty, “umegae mochi.”
Hakata Ramen Stand
With 124 shops in the Nakasu, Tenjin, and nagahama areas, Hakata Yatai food stands are often crowded with tourists looking for a taste of what Kyushu has to offer! It's easy to find tonkotsu ramen, stir-fried ramen, oden, and yakitori right next to the unexpected (like French cuisine and authentic cocktails)!
Yanagawa River Boat
In the southern part of Fukuoka, head down the river to Yanagawa ー a water town settled around an old castle. From 30 minutes to an hour away, you can enjoy in Yanagawa's specialty, grilled fresh water eel, while floating down the river.
Gaining in popularity in recent years, many tourists are drawn to the natural mountain and ocean scenery here. Fashionable cafés and "Instagenic" spots are easy to find. In the summer, there is a sea called "Futamigaura" with beautiful sunset views. During the winter, oyster huts are packed!
- PICK UP 1
- PICK UP 2
- PICK UP 3
- PICK UP 4
The characteristic stone walls of Kumamoto Castle have a unique structure! With a gentle slope at the bottom and a steep angle towards the top, it is known as "Warrior Return" since it returns enemy warriors attempting to invade!
Kurokawa Onsen Hopping
Quietly nestled within the lush green nature of Aso is Kurokawa Onsen. A renowned natural beauty spa with a variety of open-air springs, have fun soaking up the different types of baths at many spas with the “Nyuto Tegata” bath pass!
Nakadake Crater at Mount Aso Godake
The world's largest caldera volcano is formed by Mount Aso Godake which has evidence of volcanic activity around 100,00 years ago and last erupted about 40,000 years ago. See the unique natural environments and scenic spots created by nature!
A remnant of an eruption from Mt. Aso Godake is Nabegataki Falls, also known as "Uramino Falls." The layer of solidified lava has been scraped away, making for a fantastic view from behind the falls!
- PICK UP 1
- PICK UP 2
- PICK UP 3
- PICK UP 4
A rarity within Japan and the rest of the world: the hot spring sand bath! Enveloped in hot sand, a sauna-like experience will have your body feeling refreshed after about 10 minutes. Afterward, there’s more to enjoy at Ibusuki Onsen, like open-air baths, bubble baths, and waterfall bathing!
The symbol of Kagoshima, Sakurajima is a volcano that changes its expression to the time of day and season. At times, its relentless activity creates a formidable appearance! With plenty of sightseeing spots in the area, such as the lava promenade, observatory, dinosaur park, and Sengan-en footbath where you can enjoy the beauty of nature.
In Kagoshima Prefecture, the Kaimondake volcano sits on Satsuma Peninsula's southernmost tip. Also known as "Satsuma Fuji" because its shape is similar to Mount Fuji, it's a much easier climb at 3,032 feet (924 meters) tall. At the summit, see the 360-degree panoramic view and spot Kagoshima's iconic places like Kirishima, Sakurajima, and Yakushima.
World Heritage Site: Sengan-en Garden
One of Japan's leading gardens is also home to the Shimazu clan who were the daimyo (great lords) of the Satsuma domain. The villa sits on the garden which spans 15,000 tsubo (12.25 acres). With a magnificent view of Sakurajima and Kinko Bay, enjoy the flowers of every season.
- PICK UP 1
- PICK UP 2
- PICK UP 3
- PICK UP 4
On the Day of the Festival
- 15 Minutes Before Start Time
- Join with the Zoom link 10 minutes before the start time.
- The Festival Begins!
- Join the Livestream in Zoom and chat with us!
- Sightseeing & Events
- We'll introduce you to the sightseeing destinations and special products of Fukuoka, Kumamoto, and Kagoshima. Participate in local events and quizzes and enjoy the journey ♪
- A Chance to Win a Prize!
Answer all trivia questions correctly and be entered to win luxurious prizes by lottery! Will you be the one to win a ticket to Japan and fly with IACE? If not, there are plenty of prizes to win!
- End of the Festival
Did you enjoy the Kyushu Virtual Fest?
We hope you had an exciting time! See you next time!
- After the festival, special gourmet foods can be ordered from all around the world.
- You can also revisit the festival for a limited time on YouTube!
How to Join
RegistrationClick the “Register Here” button on this webpage. Choose the session you want to attend and submit the ticket issue by clicking “Register for Ticket.” Afterward, you’ll receive a confirmation that your application was submitted.
Mailing Participation Gifts
(Applicable to U.S. Addresses only.)The first 2,500 people will receive a Nishifuku Premium Yame Tea bag or Kumamon Mascot Goods by mail to the address entered. we will send the gift, so be sure to check your mail! (* A gift is not selectable.)
Pre-Tour PrepOnce confirmed, the log-in URL, Meeting ID, and Passcode on the day before the tour by email. If you have trouble receiving the email on the day before the tour, please check your spam or junk folder, then contact us.
Joining the TourThe tour is being broadcast through Zoom, which is free to use. Please install and set-up in advance. Open the Zoom link 15 minutes before the start time. Then, sit back and relax to enjoy the Kyushu Virtual Fest!
Rewatch the Recording on YouTubeOnly those who have registered in advance can watch the recording on YouTube until December 31, 2021. Those who wish to access the recording on a later date, but do not attend the livestream, must still register in advance. The YouTube link will be sent by email after the event.
- Event Outline
- Participation Gift
- About Viewing
- About Youtube Recording
|Date||(PST) Sunday, October 24, 2021
(JST) Monday, October 25, 2021
|Time||Doors Open at 4:15 PM PST / Starts at 4:30 PM PST / End Scheduled at 5:45 PM PST|
|Price||Free (Limited to 3,000 people)|
|Guest||Risa Stegmayer & Kumamon|
|Date||(PST) Thursday, October 28, 2021
(JST) Friday, October 29, 2021
|Time||Doors Open at 7:15 PM PST / Starts at 7:30 PM PST / End Scheduled at 8:45 PM PST|
|Price||Free (Limited to 3,000 people)|
|Guest||Ryotaro's Japan & Kumamon|
A gift for you
The first 2,500 people will receive a Nishifuku Premium Yame Tea bag or Kumamon Goods by mail to the address entered. we will send the gift, so be sure to check your mail! (A special gift is not selectable.)
Once confirmed, the gift will be shipped and cannot be canceled. If the item is returned to us, a shipping fee will be charged.
Gifts and prizes are limited to U.S residents.
Attention: Regarding Our Service
- The contents are subject to change.
- This will be an online tour experience to promote Kyushu.
- Zoom will be used for this online tour.
- Installation and access to Zoom should be prepared ahead of time.
- Other equipment (such as web cameras, microphones, and speakers/headphones) should be prepared ahead of time.
- We recommend joining a few minutes before the tour’s start time.
- We are not responsible for any Zoom issues before, during, and after the online tour.
- You are responsible for securing your own internet connection.
* Device: PC/Smartphone/Tablet (Recommend PC)
* Required Network Bandwidth: 1.5 Mbps or higher
- Viewing the livestream on Youtube is only permitted if the ticket has been issued in advance. Before the tour begins, the URL to the livestream will be sent. After the tour is complete, a URL to the recording will be sent.
- A penalty will be charged if the rules are not adhered to.
IACE TRAVEL USA KYUSHU VIRTUAL FEST QUIZ CONTEST 2021
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
ENTRY PERIOD: IACE TRAVEL USA KYUSHU VIRTUAL FEST QUIZ CONTEST 2021 (“Contest”) ENTRIES RECEIVED BY IACE TRAVEL USA FROM ZOOM EVENT STARTING AT 9:00 AM PACIFIC TIME (“PT”) ON SEPTEMBER 27TH, 2021 NO LATER THAN 7:00 PM (PT) ON OCTOBER 31ST, 2021 (‘CONTEST DEADLINE”).
FOR TWO FESTS (TO BE HELD ON OCTOBER 24TH AND OCTOBER 28TH IN 2021),
EIGHTEEN (18) WINNERS WERE SELECTED AT RANDOM BY SPONSOR FROM ALL ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED AT EACH FEST (FOR A TOTAL OF 36 WINNERS)
IACE Travel USA Prizes:
Two (2) IACE Travel USA prize winners (one from each event) will each receive a round-trip, coach class airfare (an international flight ticket from any airport in the US to any airport in Japan)
ANA Model Plane Prizes:
Four (4) ANA model plane prize winners (two from each event) will each receive an ANA Boeing 787 model plane.
ANA Amenity Kit Prizes:
Ten (10) ANA Amenity Kit prize winners (five from each event) will each receive an ANA Business class amenity kit.
Wismettac Persimmon Prizes:
Ten (10) Wismettac persimmon prize winners (five from each event) will each receive Wismettac Foods FUYU Persimmon (Fukuoka Prefecture).
Wismettac Strawberry Prizes:
Ten (10) Wismettac strawberry prize winners (five from each event) will each receive Wismettac Foods Kohaku Strawberry (Kumamoto Prefecture).
IACE Travel USA (“IACE” or “Sponsor”) with the Contest coordinating office located at 535 8th Ave., Suite 801, New York, NY 10018.
The Contest is available to persons who meet the eligibility requirement set forth below.
Eligibility Requirement: The Entrants must meet the following eligibility requirement:
- Entrants must be a legal resident of the United States and 18 years or older on the date of entry. Residents outside of the United States are not eligible to enter.
- Entrants must participate in one of the Fests held on October 24, 2021 and October 28, 2021 and submit a correctly completed quiz response and the other personal information requested (see How to enter below) no later than the Contest Deadline.
- Employees of Sponsor, All Nippon Airways, Co., Ltd. (“ANA”) and Wismettac Foods, Inc. (“Wismettac”) and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies and joint venture companies, as well as members of their immediate families and households (including children and siblings and persons living in the same household) are not eligible.
How to enter:
- Entrants must visit the Kyushu Virtual Fest registration page onto www.Eventbrite.com and click the “Join” button to participate in the Kyushu Virtual Fest no later than 7:30 pm (PT) on October 28th, 2021.
- The entrants must participate the Kyushu Virtual Fest through a web link page provided by the Sponsor either on October 24, 2021 and October 28, 2021
- The entrants must log onto www.Eventbrite.com and enter the unique codes provided by the Sponsor during the Kyushu Virtual Fest and click the “Continue” button.
- Upon clicking the “Continue” button, the Entrants may be prompted to complete the entry form in its entirety to include first name, last name, street address, city, state, zip, phone number and email address (“Entry Form”) and click “Submit”.
Entry Conditions: Each entry must comply with the requirements below:
1) Entry Limit
- Each entrant may submit only one (1) entry. Once the entry is submitted, the entrant cannot modify/update his/her entry under any circumstances, except to request Sponsor to delete his/her entry. Upon deletion of the first entry, the entrant cannot submit a second entry.
2) By submitting an entry, the entrant must agree to the following, among other things:
- Entries that are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, lost, tampered with, forged, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified.
- To enter the Contest, the Entry Form must be completed in English or Japanese and must be legible.
- Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
- The Sponsor shall have no liability to a winner if a prize or any part of a prize is lost, stolen, intercepted, not received, or damaged for any reason. In the event that any prize is returned to IACE, undeliverable or not accepted by the winner, the prize will be forfeited.
- The Sponsor, Wismettac and ANA and each of their parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries and advertising and promotions agencies, and each of their respective employees, officers, shareholders, representatives, directors, and agents (collectively, "Releasees") are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, or stolen entries; (ii) technical or computer malfunctions, transmission or other errors of any kind whether mechanical, human, electronic, or otherwise relating to or in connection with the fest and these Official Rules, including without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the event or the processing of entries; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses, costs, expenses, or damages to person or property of any kind caused, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by any prize or resulting from redemption, acceptance, possession, loss or use or misuse of any prize or from participating in the fest or any event-related activity; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative, human or technological errors in any material associated with the fest and these Official Rules. By entering this fest, each participant agrees to hold harmless and release Releases from all claims, actions, injuries, loss, or damages of any kind except those expressly permitted in these Official Rules.
- By entering the Contest, each entrant hereby agrees that Sponsor may use the personal information collected from entrant for the purpose of administering the Contest, delivering the prize, and providing entrant with information relating to Sponsor or its affiliates and each of their, respective products, services and promotions.
3) Selection of Winners:
- Within 7 days following the close of the ENTRY PERIOD, prize winners of the Contest (“Winners”) will be selected by the Sponsor in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received within the ENTRY PERIOD.
- Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of all eligible entries received during the ENTRY PERIOD.
- No later than November 30th, 2021, Sponsor will notify the Winners by email at the email address provided in their Entry Forms.
- No later than November 30th, 2021, Sponsor will mail the prizes to the Winners at the mailing address provided in their Entry Form.
- THE DECISION OF THE SPONSOR SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING ON ALL PARTICIPANTS.
4) Description and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize:
- IACE Travel USA Prizes: Two (2) $1,500 coupons for coach class round-trip flight tickets from any airport in the USA to any airport in Japan. [Total ARV of $3,000]
- ANA Model Plane Prizes: Four (4) 787 ANA Boeing model planes (size: 1/200) [Total ARV of $80]
- ANA Amenity Kit Prizes: Ten (10) International Flight of Business class amenity kit. [Total ARV of $200]
- Wismettac Persimmon Prizes: Ten (10) Wismettac Foods FUYU Persimmon (Fukuoka Prefecture) [ARV of $500]
- Wismettac Strawberry Prizes: Ten (10) Wismettac Foods KOHAKU Strawberry (Kumamoto Prefecture) [ARV of $500]
5) General Conditions:
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- ANA and Wismettac are not sponsors of this Contest. Any and all guarantees and warranties of the prizes supplied by ANA and Wismettac are subject to the applicable retailer or manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and each winner of one of these prizes agrees to look solely to said retailer or manufacturer for any such warranty or guarantee claim.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and IACE in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. The state and federal courts of the State of New York shall have exclusive jurisdiction of any claim or controversy arising out of or relating to the Contest and these Official Rules.
6) Copy of Official Rules.
For a copy of the Official Rules and the Winners’ initials, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to IACE Travel USA, Contest coordinating Office, 535 8th Ave., Suite 801, New York, NY 10018. Please specify, “Official Rules” or “Winners”. Requests must be received by November 30th, 2021.
7) Official Version.
- The English language version of these Official Rules and the Entry Form may be presented by the Sponsor in Japanese language translation. As to any discrepancy between the English language and Japanese language translation of these Official Rules or the Entry Form, the English language version will govern.
During the Tour
- The room may be entered 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour.
- Your webcam may be used at your own discretion.
- Taking pictures, videos, screenshots, or screen recording during the tour is strictly prohibited.
- Secondary use, social media posts, and content distribution are strictly prohibited.
- Participants who interfere with the online tour’s progress, exhibit inappropriate behavior will be forced to leave at the discretion of the organizer.
- Unexpected video and audio difficulties or distortion may occur depending on the communication circumstances. The session may be canceled under these conditions.
- Questions are accepted during Q&A time and chat, however, questions regarding illegal issues will not be addressed.
- Questions may not be answered immediately depending on the contents of the tour at the time of questioning.
About Youtube Recording
- The Youtube recording URL will be distributed after the event.
- An internet connection is required to watch the online tour.
* Required Network Bandwidth: 1.5 Mbps or higher
- Please note it may be unable to watch depending on your device environment. We cannot guarantee the operation.
- Audio and video quality may vary throughout the recording and cannot be changed upon request.
- Comments will be turned off on YouTube.
- Forwarding the YouTube URL and sharing it with anyone other than the contractor is strictly prohibited and is subject to penalty by the terms and conditions of our service.
- Recording is strictly prohibited. If unauthorized reprinting or uploading to another platform is confirmed, legal action may be taken.
Kyushu Virtual Fest Customer Support
Recommended Items for the Festival
Ordering special products
Order local specialties
from the United States!
- Red and White Strawberry
- Assortment of rare varieties "Awayuki" and "Koi Minori". The highest quality is ...
- FUYU Persimmon
- The fruit is a four-sectioned fruit that looks almost like a round shape, the ...
- TAISYU Persimmon
- The fruit is a four-sectioned fruit looks almost like a round shape, the peel ...
- SATSUMA Mandarin Orange
- We deliver Aoshima SATSUMA Mandarin Orange, a classic Japanese fruit from Fukuoka Prefecture which is known as the Fruit Kingdom ...
- Sakura x Hario Yame Cha & Bottle
- It is the best Yame Gyokuro cold brew tea bottle set in Japan.Cold brew method ...
- [Inoue Rantai Lacquerware]Plum-shaped Plate
- Inoue Rantai Lacquerware is a long-established store in Kurume. There used to ...